Driftwood As Home and Garden Decorations

Diposting oleh Admin on Sabtu, 27 Agustus 2011


>

Mother Nature's Artwork

I admit it. I live in Hawaii and I am consistently scanning for new driftwood. I will be walking along the beach or driving near the shoreline, and come upon a have to-have piece of stylized wood. My husband now knows that he better stop when I mention driftwood. No individual could have created it, but the ocean waves and tides did. I really feel like it is a gift just waiting to be discovered and appreciated.

My townhouse has a tiny front yard in which I plant colorful flowers, ferns, and aloe. When we initial moved in, it didn't look complete until one day while I was walking along the North Shore near exactly where we live, I spotted some amazing pieces of driftwood. Lucky I had my husband and grandson with me. Possibly it was not so lucky for them, but we every brought residence a couple of these priceless treasures.

Some of the pieces of driftwood I spot are much too large to drag property, so rather I fill my yearning by photographing them. I have noticed that a variety of other photographers share their lucky captures with the cyberspace community in the form of wallpaper.

Other uses of driftwood consist of floral decorations, driftwood furniture, lamps, mirrors, picture frames, or just by placing a special driftwood art piece on a shelf. One more favorite use is in aquariums, though I understand it takes some cleaning and curing to make certain it does not dirty the fish tank.

I admire artists who take driftwood and then use their insight to develop their own masterpiece. Some who are talented in wood burning burn the image of a fish, starfish or tropical flower right into the wood. I have even noticed an image of a lady burned into 1 that was beautiful.

I have tried to use some driftwood I discovered that still had some creatures inside. I have discovered that it is most beneficial to wash it off and then dry it for a variety of days in the sun before making use of it in a floral decoration or putting it on your bookshelf. It could have termites so be confident you check it carefully.

When in a though I felt a little guilty in taking nature's gifts house, so I wondered if there were laws regarding the use of driftwood found on the beach. I could not discover any rules that prohibit the use of driftwood. I suppose the driftwood belongs to who ever owns the beach you are on, so if you do not know, it is better to appear elsewhere.

I'm sure some individuals use driftwood only for producing fires, and that is excellent for those pieces that have not weathered lengthy adequate and been transformed into artwork by the waves. But for now, I will continue my hobby of scanning for driftwood.

{ 0 komentar... read them below or add one }

Posting Komentar